09 Dec Weekly Lifestyle and Fashion Inspiration
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
1. Northern Winter. There is something so dreamy and magical about this shoot by Alexandra Sophie for Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2017 issue. Maybe, because the hotter it gets here in Australia, the more attracted I am to snow (and I’m forever attracted to capes, vintage coats and boots).
Model Josephine Le Tutour. Styling Charlie Harrington. Hair Philippe Tholimet. Make-Up Polly Osmond.
2. More Snow White. Yep, still vibing on Northern Hemisphere winter mags (in case you couldn’t tell). This shoot by Agata Pospieszynska brings together some stunning couture dresses with a vintage-style mix of fabrics and glamour. Love it! Harper’s Bazaar UK January 2017 issue.
Model Nastya Sten. Styling Charlie Harrington. Hair Kota Suizu. Makeup Anne Sophie Costa.
4. Candy. Candy pink got me all wild up this week. From super sweet to stripped back rooms with a single sofa.
5. Dirty Jeans. We hooked up with Nikki from The Treasure Trade this week on our radio show Dead People’s Stuff. We talked shop. Including their new subversive jewellery (think silver rings with the word MAYHEM splashed across the front and dotted with skulls), a huge range of lady-killer shirts and glam clothing. We also got to serve up some great music, including this Nikki pick from Magic Dirt.
6. Blade Runner is Back. Blade Runner 2 has been announced for 2017. The original is one of my fave films, so I’m doing a little happy dance. Hope they’re planning on keeping their neo-forties hair rolls.
8. Pretty Things. Party season is in full swing and this year it’s all about the glam. Sequins and more sequins. While Dolce & Gabbana’s pink sequin dress will set you back a cool $8,750 (IT IS STUNNING!), my radio co-host on Dead People’s Stuff (Miss Posh Poodle), picked up a full length 70’s vintage silver dress for just over $100. Get ready to shimmer and shake.
9. In a Flap. Edward Steichen is known for his ultra-modern photos, including these insanely-chic pics from the 1920’s.
10. The Treasury. Tomorrow night, my daughter and I are spending a night at The Treasury Hotel in Brisbane (yeeeeee). I’ve always wanted to see inside this baby and thanks to a discount hotel reservation site – I am! Please pray for me it’s not in the basement. It looks like it has so much old architectural goodness. Plus other things. So many of them. But, I’ll let you know tomorrow via Instagram…Or I’ll see you next week friends. x