20 Jan Weekly Lifestyle and Fashion Inspiration
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
1. Child of Wild. I literally went wild when I discovered this jewellery label today. Vintage diamanté necklaces. Rosaries. Mother of pearl crosses. I can barely breathe, I’m so infatuated. More Child of Wild right this way.
2. Lynda Gardener ‘Curated’. Lynda has been rocking my world for over 20 years. From her cult Melbourne shop ‘Empire Vintage’ to her multitude of interior design projects. So, it is well and truly overdue that I feature her new reborn store ‘Curated’.
3. Vintage Dior by Galliano. January was feeling a bit bleak this week. So I (stupidly) decided I’d cheer myself up by scrolling through 1stdibs.com looking at vintage Dior pieces for sale. Not the best idea I’ve ever had to get myself out of my back-to-work slump, but it did remind me that John Galliano is a romantic genius.
4. Ellen Von Unwerth. This week it was photographer E.V.U birthday. I love this woman’s work and what better way to celebrate than with a photographic ode featuring some of my fave pics from the Amber Heard 2011 Guess campaign.
5. Crawfish. This week on our radio show, Dead People’s Stuff, we played Elvis singing “Crawfish” from his 1958 film ‘King Creole’. Joe Strummer from the Clash once described “Crawfish” as one of his favourite Elvis songs. Post-Christmas food coma therapy.
6. Secret City Gardens. An urban jungle in the middle of Antwerp, Belgium – what’s not to love?
7. Raw Luxe. I’m dying over these spaces lensed by photographer Anne Dokter for Amsterdam brand Scotch & Soda. Love her take on industrial opulence.
8. Dolce & Gabbana Spring Summer 2017 Show. You couldn’t wish for a more flattering head piece than a fascinator. As seen at the latest D&G show.
9. New York State of Mind. I featured a few images from this shoot last week. But there was too much vintage goodness, so I had to post some more for your viewing pleasure. To see the full shoot, come this way.
10. Dreaming of São Paulo. I just can’t get over this amazing crumbling house in São Paulo. The peeling walls, the large painted murals and a space designed to look like an old theatre set. It feels like a playground and would be fun as hell to live in.
See you next week friends. x