15 Nov Weekly Lifestyle and Fashion Inspiration
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
1. Long Reign Vintage Style. The return to splendour and opulence in fashion is still making me shudder with delight. Velvet, sequins, brocade, chokers, tulle, bejewelled shoes, hats and bags. These style cues are everywhere, including the current December 2016 issue of Harper’s Bazaar UK featured Hedvig Palm in ‘A Joy For Ever’ by photographer Regan Cameron. See the full shoot here.
Stylist Miranda Almond. Hair Panos Papandrianos. Makeup Mel Arter.
3. Life’s Little Moments. Like, when you discover a new bar decked-out with Sailor Jerry wall murals, intimate booths, candle light, a stonking great big pirate ship and cocktails. If you’re anything like me, The Mermaid Lounge at Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall in Brisbane is one bar you’ll never want to leave. Hangover, guaranteed.
4. Badass Florals. I’m a little infatuated with the intense attitude of floral walls, that spring from dark backgrounds. Strong + severe without a hint of chintz.
5. Vintage Religious Icons. Not just this week. But every week. Always a favourite look.
6. Mev-Sev. Medieval-meets-Seventies. It’s a thing (according to British Vogue). If your wardrobe is feeling a little flat, get shopping for maiden minidresses and knee high boots. Vintage, of course.
7. The Edit. Any reason is a good reason to set aside a lazy Sunday afternoon. And this project might be my next excuse. Add an instant upgrade to old vintage frames by using them as moodboards to display your fave tear sheets and photos.
8. Soft Flowers. Can you tell it’s Spring where I live? More flowers! This girl’s room is a seasonal must-have, with its pretty wallpaper, vintage swan motifs and white glossy floorboards.
10. Glitterati. 70’s sass is being remixed in the latest BB Dakota Winter 2016 campaign by photographer Zoey Grossman and stylist Conor Graham. Zoey brings her signature photographic style – colourful, sexy and playful with a little bit of black magic – to this vintage-lovin’ shoot. See the full shoot here.
Models Langley Fox and Ruby Aldridge. Hair Luke Chamberlain. Makeup Samuel Paul.